- Category: Midwest
- Hits: 1497
Midwest Mariapolis 2014
Friday, July 11 (after supper)
to Tuesday, July 15 (after lunch)
Location: Valparaiso University - Valparaiso, IN
Valparaiso is located in
northwestern Indiana, 15 miles south of Lake Michigan, and about one hour east of Chicago. It is easily accessible via Interstates 65, 80 and 90, and is located near the intersection of U.S. 30 and State Road 130 (Sturdy Road). Take U.S. 30 to the University entrance and then proceed to
the Valparaiso Union for directions to the Mariapolis registration desk.
Online Registration: IS OPEN!
- If you have a Login ID from a previous event - CLICK HERE First to Login then you will be ready to register by clicking the 'Ready to Register' button.
- If you're new, click the 'Ready to Register' button to create your Login ID and register.
NOTE: A family would register as a "Group". Married couples, with or without children, should register as a group.
Download Registration and Accommodations Information HERE
- Nursery facilities for children under 3.
- Separate programs for children and youth, 3-17 years old.
- Young people under 18 years of age unaccompanied by a parent must come with a designated guardian and a permission slip signed by a parent authorizing participation.
- Priests should bring their own alb and stole for concelebration.
- Sorry, pets are not allowed.
For questions or to report problems,
or call (773) 285-2746 (773) 285-2746,
(708) 484-9771 (708) 484-9771
The Focolare Movement reserves the right to decline, accept or retain any person as a participant at the Mariapolis.
Option A – Meals & Lodging on campus and University Conference Fee
Option B – Lunch and Dinner On Campus, Lodging Off Campus and University Conference Fee
Option C – Meals and Lodging Off Campus and University Conference Fee
Hotels in Valparaiso:
The following hotels are in close vicinity to the University. Please make your own reservations.
- Holiday Inn (219-464-9395): $89/night - includes breakfast
- Country Inn and Suites (219-476-0000): $85/night; $95/night for Suite (must reserve by June 20)
- Super 8 (219-464-9840): $72.99/night
- Hampton Inn and Suites (219-531-6424): $109/night
- Marriott Courtyard (219-465-1700): $85/night (must reserve by June 11)
- Fairfield Inn (219-465-6225): $85/night (must reserve by June 11)
Each person makes their own reservations and say that they want the special rates given to the "Mariapolis conference at Valparaiso University" or just "Valparaiso University rate".
Registration is Due no later than June 22
A Late Fee of $25 will be added to all registrations* paid after June 22
* Accommodations can be paid separately
- We cannot guarantee the availability of accommodations or meals for anyone who registers after June 22nd.
- Full refund for cancellations received in writing by June 29th.
- Payment by check, make check payable to "Focolare Movement" and mail to: Focolare Movement - Mariapolis, P.O. Box 53426, Chicago, IL 60653
- Payment by credit card is only accepted with online registration.
Some impressions left at the end of previous Mariapolis:
“We take home the courage and tools to live and communicate the language of love to everyone we meet.”
“The Mariapolis is ‘total immersion’ in learning the language of love for others!”
“Mariapolis: 450 people with no agenda except loving God in the present moment!”
“I no longer feel alone – I am united with brothers and sisters all over the world who share my dream of universal brotherhood.”
“The experiences of young adults and married couples gave me the push to believe in God’s masterplan for me and my family.”
Snapshots from the 2012 Mariapolis