- Category: Mid-Atlantic/Southeast
- Hits: 427
“And who is my neighbor?”
From July 21, 2013 registrations are closed! You can sign up for the waiting list by filling up the registration form. We will contact you as soon as we have more spaces available. Thank you!
Is a little city with a place for everyone. It is an experience of unity. The program includes general sessions on the spirituality of unity with multimedia presentations, sharing in small groups, seminars on various topics, moments of prayer and reflection, games and outdoor activities. There will be special programs for children and teens.
The Focolare Movement, founded by Chiara Lubich, came alive in wartime Europe in 1943, Trent, Italy. Born in the Catholic Church, it is present today in 182 nations with over 5 million people of all backgrounds and walks of life, who work for a more united world. Focolare means “hearth” or family “fireside”. It helps people focus their lives on the Gospel, striving towards the fulfillment of Jesus’ prayer to the Father: “May they all be one.” (Jn 17:21)
Labor Day Weekend
Arrival Friday August 30th at 4:00 p.m.
Dinner at 6:00 p.m. with program to follow
(the cafeteria will close at 8 pm)
Departure Monday September 2nd after lunch
25458 Dan Brown Hill Road
Brooksville, FL 34602
- Bedding is not provided by the retreat center. Each participant should bring: sleeping bags or sheets and blanket, pillow and towels.
- Toiletries are not provided. Please bring them including sunscreen and bug spray.
- Flash lights and extra batteries are essential items to bring with you.
- Nursery facilities for children under 3
- Separate programs for children and youth, 3-17 years old.
- Young people under 18 years of age unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian must come with a designated guardian and a permission slip signed by a parent authorizing participation
- Catholic Mass celebrated daily
- Priests should bring their own alb and stole for concelebration.
- Pets are not allowed
- The Focolare Movement reserves the right to decline any person as a participant at the Mariapolis
View Mariapolis flyer: Southeast Mariapolis 2013.
- If you have a Login ID from the previous events you registered using this website - CLICK HERE First to Login then you will be ready to register by clicking the 'Ready to Register' button.
- If you're new, click the 'Ready to Register' button to create your Login ID and register.
NOTE: A family would register as a "Group"